Need Prepaid Mobile Internet for your smartphone when you’re overseas?
Good news is, you’re in the right spot.
This Overseas Prepaid Mobile Internet page focuses heavily on France, Spain, Italy and other parts of Europe but also has information for other destinations particularly if they’re cycling destinations.
If you want a quick, convenient, super-cheap and hassle-free way of getting prepaid internet in France, Spain, Italy and other places in the world, head straight to the MobiPassport website to buy a prepaid data SIM (read my review of MobiPassport).
Best Overseas Prepaid SIM for Internet Comparison
Click here for a comparison of the best overseas prepaid SIMs for internet (mainly focussing on Europe for cycling trips).
There are quite a few ways to get overseas prepaid mobile internet in France, though the easiest and most cost-effective way is through Orange.
Orange provides a prepaid service called Mobicarte. You can get a Mobicarte SIM from Mobi Passport website (for shipping to Australia or Rest of World excluding USA, buy from Mobi Passport Australia; for shipping to USA or Rest of World excluding Australia, buy from Mobi Passport USA (USA store also ships to Europe), ebay or from Orange stores in France.
The SFR/Vodafone prepaid internet product is a bit of a mess really. Read more about Vodafone SFR Prepaid Mobile Internet.
I recommend the Orange Mobicarte with €2/50MB/daily or €10/500MB/2 week Internet bolt on.
For more detailed Prepaid mobile internet in France information, click here.
Spain Prepaid Mobile Internet
Getting Prepaid Mobile Internet in Spain is tricky business.
Your best bet is to get a Spanish SIM with preloaded data from Mobipassport – 1GB is €16.90 and tethering works!
Movistar has a product but you can only get 10MB on prepaid. Make sure you speak Spanish or find a store where they speak English.
There are a couple of good options for Italy Prepaid Mobile Internet – the TIM network and the Vodafone/UNO network.
Read more about Prepaid Mobile Internet in Italy.
The options are:
- Cellular Abroad’s Vodafone/UNO solution developed especially for CA: get it here.
- MobiPassport’s TIM solution: get it here.
Regular readers of this site will know that I am on a warpath with finding the best pre-paid mobile internet plans for travellers heading to France (and Spain, Italy, Belgium and so on).
You can see some of the older articles on this topic below:
- How You Can Easily Save Money on Your Mobile Phone When Roaming
- Save Hundreds and Get Unlimited Internet On Your iPhone in France
- Avoiding mobile phone international roaming bill shock
- Mobile data roaming for Australians going to France
- Mobile phone data roaming tips for France
- Overseas prepaid mobile internet information page
- Prepaid mobile internet in France
- SFR Vodafone prepaid mobile internet in France
- Prepaid 3G Internet with Orange Mobicarte
- How to set up Orange Mobicarte Internet Max
- How to avoid a data roaming bill
- How to save money on mobile roaming
- Australian data roaming cap plans
- Mobipassport prepaid internet SIM review