Guide to Campervanning France
Plan a Campervanning Trip to France
Enjoy a hassle-free campervan trip, saving hundreds of dollars along the way with this must-read guide.
I won't lie to you. Planning and executing a campervan trip to France – especially to follow the Tour – is damned hard work. Lots and lots of fun, but hard work.
After seeing all those campers on telly having fun roadside at the Tour, I'll bet the allure of a campervan cycling trip is huge. It's not all cycling, sunshine and baguettes, though. There is a lot of planning, driving and stress involved.
The Ultimate Guide to Campervanning France
After spending a lot of days across multiple trips on the road in a campervan, and after receiving a lot of emails about campervan trips, I have put all my expertise, obsession for trip planning, experience, insights and knowledge into the ultimate guide to Campervanning in France.
In the guide, you’ll find out:
- Car/Accommodation versus Camper: cost comparison download, pros/cons of each choice, other observations and “Get a Camper If…”
- Pre Planning Work: Daily budget estimate covering food, tolls, fuel and campgrounds
- Deciding on the type of campervan: which type according to who is going on your trip
- Booking: What to Look for when Booking, Who to Book Through, Camper Locations, Extras (bike racks etc), Arrangements on Arrival, When to Book, When to Go, Depot Times, What to Do on Arrival
- Before You Leave: Insurance, What to Pack
- Taking Your Bike: to take your bike or not, What Bike to Take, Bike Gearing, Bike Bag (including links to the famous VeloNomad bike bag video reviews), Packing Your Bike Safely.
- On Arrival: At the Depot, Checking the Camper, What to Do Before Driving Off, What to Buy on Arrival
- On the Road: Autoroutes, Alternative Routes, Pulling Over, Towns (traffic, parking), Oncoming Traffic, Passing Trucks, Anticipating Traffic, Travel Times, Fuel, What to Do at Tolls, Parking for the Night, GPS/roadmaps, Campgrounds, What to Eat, Where to Stay, In the Supermarket and Campervan Maintenance
- Riding: Where to Ride
- Seeing the Tour: Planning, On the Day, Planning for all Weather
- Etape du Tour
- Going Home: Dropping Off the Campervan, Cleaning the Campervan, Damage to the Campervan, Getting Caught Out with Baggage
You can check out a free preview of the guide below with Google Books Reader here or below.
Top 5 Reasons You Need My Guide to Campervanning France
- Campervanning is expensive – use my budget calculator to compare campervanning with car/hotels to see which is cheaper for you
- Eliminate problems and pitfalls in your journey – all the insider tips and tricks
- Save time and money and do it yourself with this eBook!
- Easily organize self-guided tours to the Tour de France, Etape or just for a holiday!
- Everything you need in one comprehensive, printable guide
You can get more info on the Campervanning France page or get the guide below.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is in ebook format only. You will not receive a hard copy.
A significant amount of time and effort goes into these reviews, all with the aim of helping you. As lots of readers say, I give way too much information away for nothing, and it really does take a lot of time and effort (but I do love doing it!).
If you found the site useful, and you didn’t need a SIM card or ebook, I’d really appreciate it if you dropped something in the Paypal tip jar below. Or if you’re buying something online, use one of the affiliate links below the Paypal button.
Paypal tip jar (choose your own amount)
These affiliate links provide me a small commission (2-4%) on each sale and they don’t cost you a cent extra.