Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Please do not write to us, contact us via our contact form for the fastest response.
385 Marom Creek Rd
Email: [email protected]
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Velonomad’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Velonomad’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Velonomad at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Velonomad’s web site are provided “as is”. Velonomad makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Velonomad does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Velonomad or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Velonomad’s Internet site, even if Velonomad or a Velonomad authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Velonomad’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Velonomad does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Velonomad may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Velonomad does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Velonomad has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Velonomad of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Velonomad’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Shipping Terms and Conditions
Domestic (Australia) Shipping
We DO NOT guarantee shipping to destinations in Australia unless you choose to add Signature on Delivery.
All deliveries are in accordance with Australia Post’s terms and conditions.
It is up to you to allow enough time for your package to arrive.
We will dispatch your order within 48 hours of receiving it, although usually we do this within 24 hours, and often quicker. Due to circumstances beyond our control (flooding etc), there might be a longer delay in despatch but we will notify you if this is the case.
However! In 99.9% of the cases in our experience, Express Post delivers from despatch in Northern NSW to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane within 24 hours (Sydney) and 24-48 hours Brisbane and Melbourne. Most other major metro and regional (e.g. Bendigo) areas receive our Express packages within 3 days.
This section covers the below items. It is very important that you read this.
If you have a problem with a delivery, please contact us before doing anything, so we can work with you to sort it out!
- Shipping guarantee (delivery)
- Shipping time frames
- The extent of our responsibility for your package
Our packages are shipped internationally on the following basis.
- We do not guarantee shipping (delivery time or delivery) to international destinations from Australia.
- All packages are shipped using Australia Post – we do not offer FedEx or UPS as there are no outlets within 100km (sorry!).
- In general, we ship internationally with Australia Post Parcel service which has a 6+ business day delivery.
- If you need it faster, choose International Express. Yes it’s expensive and Australia Post should be castigated for their ridiculous rates.
- Be aware international customs and your local postal service can play a role in delaying packages, and we cannot control, nor take responsibility for, delays caused by international customs nor postage delays by your local postal service.
- Therefore, the extent of our liability ends at Australian borders.
- We ship with tracking numbers that allow Australia Post to track packages to international destinations (usually at a worst case to inbound customs points). For example, from Australia to the USA, Aus Post can track to arrival at LAX.
- If however, local postal services (USPS for example) do not scan the package–and they are under no obligation to do so–we are unable to track your package internally within your country.
- In the event that your package doesn’t arrive, we will endeavour to do our best to track your package and obtain recompense, but cannot take responsibility for lost packages outside Australia. By accepting these terms you release us from all liability for lost packages and indemnify Velonomad and Tim Marsh from claims or chargebacks or credit card disputes for non-delivered packages.
- Further, you commit that you will not dispute a credit card charge related to a lost package or package that arrives either a) your departure date, b) your preferred date or on a date that you consider inconvenient.
- We do not guarantee delivery times outside Australia but take the greatest care in ensuring your package is delivered as quickly as possible.
- You agree to release us from responsibility for ensuring your package is delivered on time, as we are bound by Australia Post and international carriers’ delivery time frames.
Now that the nasty stuff is out of the way, here’s a summary:
- If you want a guaranteed delivery option, please choose a signature on delivery option at checkout. This ensures someone signs for it, and gives us complete visibility.
- If you want something faster, choose the International Express option (AUD$42 for SIMs). There’s no guarantee on delivery times, or insurance, or tracking (this depends on your postal service scanning it: sometimes they do, sometimes not), but most packages (i.e. 99% in our experience) are delivered in about 5 calendar days. Again, we can’t take responsibility or liability for delays or lost packages.
All packages must be returned by prior agreement. That is, we can’t accept a package returned by the customer without prior agreement.
If your SIM arrives after the date you wanted it, we will accept its return, and refund your money, minus a 20% restocking fee (this is standard practice). Return shipping will be at your cost.
All return SIMs must be shipped registered and insured.
Remember, the SIM credit does not expire, so you can keep for your next trip, or sell on ebay, or, of course, return to us, subject to the conditions above.
Faulty SIMs will be subject to a full and complete refund of all your costs and shipping.